Candidates for admission to NYCTCM must demonstrate a sincere commitment to embark on our program to become a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner. They must possess personal qualities and a level of academic achievement that reflects the skills and aptitude necessary to successfully complete a TCM curriculum.
• All applicants must have completed 60 undergraduate credits in an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and must have achieved a minimum GPA of 2.5.
• Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
• Candidates must hold United States citizenship, permanent residency, or a valid visa. International applicants must provide proper documentation in order for their applications to be considered.
International applicants, foreign-born U.S. citizens or residents must be able to demonstrate English proficiency. This can be done in one of three ways:
• Proof of at least two years of study [60 credits] at a U.S. college or university (or at a foreign college or university where English is the primary language and where English was the medium of instruction). These credits cannot include any courses in English as a Second Language (ESL).
• Proof of professional licensure in New York State as an M.D., Dentist, Chiropractor, Physical Therapist, R.N., Nutritionist, Physician Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Pharmacist, Psychologist, Veterinarian, or Massage Therapist. Other health-care professionals may submit licensing credentials for review by the NYCTCM Admissions Office in order to support their claim of English proficiency.
• Score of 61 or higher on the Internet Based Test (IBT) of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), with a minimum speaking exam score of 26 and a minimum listening exam score of 22; or a level 6.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. (2019)
***Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT) - Total Score - 80 and speaking score - 26; or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Total Score - ELTS overall band score 6.5 (Academic Format) and IELTS spoken band score - 8.0 (effective January 1, 2020)
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the admissions process or your current status.