The mission of the New York College of Traditional Chinese Medicine is to prepare compassionate practitioners who are solidly grounded in the tradition of Chinese medicine, who are able to integrate this tradition within the Western health care system, and who have a spirit of innovation that enables them to adapt a 4000-year-old medicine to 21st-century needs.
COMPASSION - NYCTCM graduates will bring the qualities of empathy, respect and compassion to all their treatment sessions.
TRADITION - NYCTCM graduates will have a thorough understanding of and deep respect for Traditional Chinese Medicine principles of treatment, including their cultural and philosophical context.
INTEGRATION - NYCTCM graduates will have a fundamental understand of the Western medical approach and will be able to integrate their practice with of TCM within the contemporary Western healthcare system.
INNOVATION - NYCTCM graduates will have a spirit of innovation that enables them to adapt a 4000-year-old medicine to 21st-century needs.
- Graduates of NYCTCM will be able to evaluate a patient’s condition, decide on the most effective treatment strategy, and provide TCM treatment to the patient.
- Graduates of NYCTCM will qualify to sit for and be able to pass the NCCAOM examination, as well as be able to meet all state requirements for licensure.
- Graduates of NYCTCM will have a fundamental understanding of the Western medical approach.
- Graduates of NYCTCM will understand the Chinese cultural and philosophical context to the basic TCM training and will be able to integrate it into their practices.
- Graduates of NYCTCM will be able to set up a successful and ethical practice which affects the community in positive ways.